This section of our site is called “Origins Of Top Businesses.”
It features interesting facts about the early years of well-known businesses.
These facts are given to you for fun and inspiration.
Fun because how many top businesses started out is really surprising.
Inspiring because it will help you as a business owner see that if they can do it, so can you.
Now for today’s facts:
- Nike was founded on January 25, 1964 by a coach ( Bill Bowerman) and runner ( Philip Knight) who were obsessed with coming up with the perfect shoe.
- Nike’s first shoe bottom’s were made with the coach’s wife’s waffle-iron.
- They paid $35 for the swoosh logo that was designed by a Portland State University student (Carolyn Davidson).
- They caused themselves to stand out from the other shoe companies with their irreverent ads that were designed to present “insider information” instead of just the typical advertising (Content marketing).
- Today Nike has taken their marketing online. They are wisely building online communities and using them to promote their products.
Now quickly write down one thing you can learn from them and apply to your business today.
- The Surprising History Of Domino’s Pizza (baybusinesshelp.com)