This section of our site is called “Origins Of Top Businesses.”
It features interesting facts about the early years of well-known businesses.
These facts are given to you for fun and inspiration.
Fun because how many top businesses started out is really surprising.
Inspiring because it will help you as a business owner see that if they can do it, so can you.
Now for today’s facts:
- Procter & Gamble was originally created by two sons-in-law. Their names were William Procter who was a candle maker and James Gamble was a soap maker.
- After the two men married sisters, it was their father-in-law, Alexander Norris, who suggested they team up. Why? Because he saw that they were competing for the same raw materials.
- The company was started in 1837.
- It was founded in Cincinnati, which at the time was a meatpacking center. Because of this fact, it offered them an abundant supply of the fat and oil, which they needed to make their soaps and candles.
- After all these years, Procter & Gamble still make s some soap products: products like Tide laundry detergent and Dawn dishwashing liquid. They also make a lot of other products like Pampers diapers, Bounty paper towels and even Pringles chips.
- McDonald’s Movies And Hot Dogs? The Little-Known Origins Of The Burger Giant (baybusinesshelp.com)