The Oscars are coming up this Sunday, February, 24th at 7pm E/4pm P.
Because of that fact, I thought you’d be interested in learning these 8 interesting facts about the very first Academy Awards…
- The awards were first given at a ceremony created for the awards at the Hotel Roosevelt in Hollywood in 1929
- The categories that are presented have changed over the years.
- Just 15 statuettes very given at that first ceremony
- These days Oscars are given in more than a dozen categories – including films of many different types.
- The audience of 270 at the first ceremony paid $5 each for their tickets.
- The Academy Awards ceremony has become so popular that it’s now televised live in more than 100 countries.
- It is also the oldest award ceremony in the media.
- The Grammy Awards (music), the Emmy Awards (TV), and the Tony Awards ( theater), are all modeled after the Oscars.
For more information on the 2013 Oscars, then go to Oscars.org.
- Story: The Persistent Loser Who Wouldn’t Give Up… And Became “Oscar Worthy” (baybusinesshelp.com)