Could you be a “Millennial” in the way that you think, even if you were born before the 1980’s?
You’ll be able to take a quick quiz in a second and see, but first let’s clear up some things…
What Is The Millennial Generation?
This is the description from Wikipedia…
Generation Y, also known as the Millennial Generation, is the demographic cohort following Generation X. There are no precise dates for when Generation Y starts and ends. Commentators use beginning birth dates from the early 1980s to the early 2000s.
Some Attributes Of Millennials
Here are some of the values of the Millennials from WJTV.com (see the 65 other traits on their site)…
- 81% have donated money, goods or services. [Walden University and Harris Interactive]
- 75% see themselves as authentic and are not willing to compromise their family and personal values. [Bentley University’s Center For Women And Business]
- On track to become the most educated generation in American history. [Pew Research]
- 61% of millennials are worried about the state of the world and feel personally responsible to make a difference. [Huffington Post]
- 65% of Millennials say losing their phone or computer would have a greater negative impact on their daily routine than losing their car. [Zipcar]
- 44% of Millennials say that marriage is becoming obsolete, compared to 35% of Boomers who feel the same way. [Pew Researh]
- 39% of Millennials have a tattoo. [Pew Research]
- 33% of Millennials live in cities and 14% live in rural environments. [Pew Research]
- More tolerant of races and groups than older generations (47% vs. 19%), with 45% agreeing with preferential treatment to improve the position of minorities. [US Chamber of Commerce]
Infographic Comparing Baby Boomers, Gen X, & Millennials
Infographic from PonotoElectronico.me
Take A 14 Question Quiz And See How Millennial You Are
If you were born before, you might still have the mindset or behavior of a “Millennial”.
You can take a short 14 item quiz from Pew Research and discover how “Millennial” you are, on a scale from 0 to 100.
They’ll do this by comparing your answers with those of respondents to a scientific nationwide survey.
You can also find out how you stack up against others your age.
- How Millennials See Themselves And Why It Matters To You As A Business Owner (baybusinesshelp.c0m)