This section of our site is called “Featured Podcast of the Week”.
With so many podcasts that are out there these days, I thought I’d make it easier for you to find great content by featuring an episode from many of the great podcasts out there.
The podcast below is another great podcast you should consider subscribing to.
(NOTE: You can listen to other featured podcasts of the week by clicking here.)
The podcast for today is The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes.
Here’s the Description of Lewis Howes
Lewis Howes, a former professional football player, two sport All-American, world record holding athlete and current USA Men’s National Team athlete for the Olympic sport Team Handball, has graced lists such as Details Magazine’s “5 Internet Gurus Who Can Make You Rich” and Incomediary.com’s “50 Most Influential People in Blogging.”
Most recently Howes was recognized by Empact 100 and President Obama at a White House ceremony as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. In his spare time, Lewis enjoys inventing products, angel investing, CrossFit and salsa dancing.
Here is the Episode Description
Can you imagine being in charge of 40,000 employees? How about running operations at Disney World?
Or traveling the world as a renowned public speaker AFTER you retire?
Today’s guest on has done all of these and he’s not stopping anytime soon. Lee Cockerell is a powerhouse of energy, wisdom, and service and it was my privilege to interview him on this episode.
Lee has not only led thousands at companies like Disney, but he has written several books on the lessons he has learned and applied through the years as a stand out leader and manager.
(Surprise fact: he dropped out of college because he says he wasn’t smart enough.) When taking advice about leadership, hiring the right people, and managing your time, take it from a person like Lee.
We cover all these topics as well as his thoughts on health, family, and what is really important in life.
Why you will want to listen to it:
- You’ll learn why it’s easier to manage 40,000 with a team or 100 by yourself
- The most important questions to ask when hiring
- You’ll learn if it’s more important to make the customer feel special or make the employee feel special
- You’ll discover why health is so important to you in relation to business
- What can you do to appreciate and recognize your team on a daily basis
- The importance of a team
- Hiring the right people
- How to train the right way
- Why you have to manage a new generation differently than the last one
- Why #1 most important skill in business is to hire well
- “The only person you can change is yourself, not someone else.”
- Why time management is so important (and why we should teach it in school)
- Top leadership strategies like: Remember EVERYONE is important, Make your people your brand, Create magic through training, Appreciate, recognize, and encourage people.
- You’ll learn about his positive attitude is his key to success “A lot of our problems we create for ourselves.”
- His struggle with depression and how he got through it (not on his own)
- Why everything is a commodity today and why that makes customer service so much more important
- And more
Our Last Featured Podcast
Featured #Podcast of the Week: Amy Porterfield – Ramit Sethi – The Secret Mindset Shifts For Success (baybusinesshelp.com)