How many times recently have you needed to meet a friend or a business associate at some halfway point?
It’s a pain, isn’t it?
1. First you have to calculate what city is halfway between you both.
2. Then you have figure out what place you can meet them at in that city. (If you’re familiar with the city, that’s no problem. But if you’re not, it can take some additional time and effort.)
After dealing with this problem several times, I thought, “I wonder if there’s a website that can help you find the halfway point between two people?”
So I looked into it and I found a great website/app that’s called Meetways.com.
- All you do is enter the cities that you both are coming from
- Then choose the type of location you want to meet at (coffee shop, restaurant, etc)
- You can then choose whether you want to avoid highways or toll roads and you can even choose your travel mode (driving, walking, bicycling, or public transit).
- Then you finally click “Get Halfway Location” and it will give you the city that is halfway between you both and also give you a list of places you can meet. (The cool thing is that they also include how the place is rated by Yelp or CitySearch, so you can pick great local places to meet that are not “chains” and still find great spots to meet.)
It’s great! Try and let me know what you think.
If you have other sites or apps that you use for this, then let me know!