“With what seems like the 35th Avengers movie—Avengers: Infinity War—set to release next year, it seems like the world just can’t get enough when it comes to superheroes.
“Born from comic books, these characters have engrossing and rich back stories that help them build a large, loyal fan base. The fantastic abilities of these heroes (and the villains they fight) are out of this world.
“However, if you look at your own business you’ll likely see some of the same attributes and characteristics in your employees—particularly in the customer service department. Customer service agents are the superheroes of your company, keeping customers happy and purchasing from your brand again.
“In fact, your star colleagues are likely much better at customer service than any hero (and certainly villain) would be.
“In these fun visuals, we examine what would happen if some of the most famous heroes and villains of all time worked in customer service. Spoiler alert: Joker would likely be a serious detriment to customer retention.”
- Ability to literally run around the world to resolve shipping issues.
- Can think and react to service issues at the speed of light.
- Ability to speed-read entire employee handbooks in seconds.
- Sometimes speaks too fast for anyone to understand.
- Lightning created by super speed can damage office equipment.