This section of our site is called “Origins Of Top Businesses.”
It features interesting facts about the early years of well-known businesses.
These facts are given to you for fun and inspiration.
Fun because how many top businesses started out is really surprising.
Inspiring because it will help you as a business owner see that if they can do it, so can you.
Now for today’s facts:
- David H. McConnell accidentally started Avon in 1886.
- He sold books door-to-door, but to attract female customers he decided to offer little gifts of perfume.
- Before long, the perfume he was giving away had become more popular than the books he was selling.
- He wisely decided to shift his focus from books to perfume and founded the California Perfume Company, which later became Avon.
- Origins Of Top Businesses: The Family Fight The Led To Adidas & Puma Shoes (baybusinesshelp.com)